Saturday, July 15, 2006

Inner Musings

When I first entered the gates of the prestigious Ateneo de Manila University to undertake the four-year journey towards self-discovery and maturity that only college life can offer, I found myself feeling nervous, scared that the road ahead would be too rough and too cruel to bear. The fear of experiencing a fall suddenly came to me like a wave crashing on rocks. When I fall, will anyone from that sea of unfamiliar faces be there to help me up? I couldn’t help but barrage my mind with questions of doubts and insecurities, yet there was this one question that managed to drive away all my uncertainties and bring out the stubborn streak in me: if I kept on feeling so unsure of myself, how will I able to pursue my goals?

Then I realized something. Achieving our goals is but a matter of choice. It is really up to us whether we want to reach for the stars no matter how far away they are or to simply dream about the beauty they held in them. In the end though, only those people who went out of their way just to be able to get hold of the stars that held their aspirations will be deemed successful.

With this newfound notion in mind, I balled my hands into fist, and shouted with all the confidence I could muster, "I can do this!"

I don't care if it's hell that would break loose. All I know is that, I'll try my best to vanquish all the fear that may cloud my judgment, all the obstacles that may get in my way! Hell yeah!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger winterdawn said...

Once again...STARS!!!I can see that your future lies beneath the hands of the stars LOL joke :P When I first stepped into DLSU, I felt the same way as you are, but now,I believe that we've both adapted to the new environment and have started working toward our goals.Stay strong and determined as you have always been!Nice post ;)

P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog.I appreciate the time you took to comment and tag on my blog.Thanks again! :D

4:18 PM  
Blogger steph said...

okay....kinayanan ko yan! sanay na ako! joke =D nice one...keep it going.

7:11 PM  
Blogger ravenik45 said...

Good inspirational entries! I like the way you write.. So DEEP :P

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home