Sunday, July 16, 2006

Just Myself

For me, it feels good to be needed, to be appreciated for what you do. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, when I'm walking alone to my next class, I couldn't help but feel the horrible, lingering pain of solitude numbing my senses, and before I could even realize, I'm starting to pity myself again. I couldn't be with all my course blockmates, because I was placed in a different Math and Filipino class. It's like being separated from the warmth and comfort of my home!

But then, during Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, my course blockmates, especially those who have become very close to me, are always there to remind me that I'm not alone. Yes, they would tease me about the way I laugh, or about the way I tend to exaggerate my actions sometimes, but I really don't mind at all. Because they made it perfectly clear that they acknowledge my existence--they made me feel loved and appreciated.

They say that they're very fond of my laughs because it's infectious. The way the sound of my laughter seems to resonate through the entire place, according to them, makes it so funny that they'd end up laughing with me. It gave me enough courage and confidence to think that I can also make them happy. And during those days when I'm not around, my close buddies say that they actually miss me!

Nobody has ever said that to me, even during my elementary and high school days. It made my heart flutter and my cheeks blush to hear that. Suddenly, I find myself wanting to make them happy...to make them laugh themselves silly even if that would mean making a fool of myself.

They made me see the world and its people in a different light. They were able to revive my already dying faith towards the inherent kindness that people held in them, thus encouraging me to explore the world more and make new friends. And so...even during Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'm not alone by myself anymore...

That was when I realized that I love them all! So much that perhaps I'd do anything, even the most idiotic thing, to see hearty smiles grace their faces, to hear their laughter, to rid themselves of their problems, and most of all, to set them free so that they can continue on loving the life and the world that they have even before I've entered into them...

Whether they love me or not doesn't matter anymore. They make me feel giddy with happiness with their crazy jokes and antics. They make me feel like I belong...that I have a place I could call my own. They appreciated me as who I am, not as who I can be.

With them, I can simply be myself. Without boundaries. Without pretenses. Just like my love for each and every one of them.

I love you, BS MAC Block QQ1!

7 Comments:

Blogger winterdawn said...

I'm really glad that you've found yet another group of new friends that could share with you your interests and joy.Good luck!;)

3:49 PM  
Blogger steph said...

Enjoy with your new group of pals, but never forget to look back and remember us! =D Happy college life!

5:08 PM  
Blogger dk said...

haha cyempre nman noh! kayo pa!

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shocks DK na-touch naman ako dun. :D i'm glad na ganun ang natulong namin saio. kung alam mo lang isa ka sa mga taong malaki din ang natulong sa akin. (you already know why dba) kaya if you need anything, help, someone to talk to, someone to listen, anything, don't hesitate to call me. andto lang ako palagi. hehehe. thankful ako na isa ka sa mga taong naging ka-close ko. cheers my lovable DECAY/Prof. XXX!!! hahahahahaha!! lavyah to the 3rd power!! :P

9:16 PM  
Blogger ravenik45 said...

I like my blockmates, but I would never ever forget my batchmates no matter how good or bad they are. Go, go Uneans!

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahoyas!
huy.nkakatats.seryoso.:)pro lam mo totoo, kamiss ka.:) ewn ko pro aliw tlga ko sayo.:)

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ganda ng blog mo! keep writing! :)

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home