Sunday, August 20, 2006

My Own Private World!

Hey ya'll! It's been so long since I've last updated! Well, blame it on the tremendous amount of homework and long tests our teachers have been dumping (literally) on us. I know I should be posting the second part of my story, "Of Blood and Rain," but this idea kept on bugging me that if I didn't post it, I know I'd go crazy! Please bear with me! Thank you so much! :-)

In the farthest right corner of the house lies my own private world—my bedroom. Whenever I set my feet onto its cool, wooden floor, I would always feel its warm, cozy aura enveloping me, relieving me of all the stress and fatigue that came from a long, exhausting day in school. I would always be greeted by the two amber-colored bookshelves that proudly hold my collection of novels, volumes of Japanese comic books translated in Chinese, and educational tomes. Somehow, they would always motivate the aspiring writer in me to discover some other unique ways of expressing feelings and weaving stories.

Then, the queen-sized mahogany bed that once belonged to my parents would always be there, stretched across the heart of my room, beckoning me to just lie down on its soft mattress and drown all my problems in deep slumber. The rows of stuffed animals, figurines, and picture frames displayed on each of the two bedside tables that flanked my bed, meanwhile, have never failed to rekindle memories of childhood, of friendships forged in my elementary and high-school days, and of the countless quality times spent with family.

The burnished narra furniture facing my bed, which consists of a cabinet and a chest of drawers, and the wooden dresser (complete with a mirror) standing in the farthest right corner of my room, complemented perfectly with the light salmon color of the walls. It is in them where I kept all the things that are of value to me—they are like treasure chests, each holding something that can reveal a part of who I am!

Then again, I would always find myself loving my gray study desk the most! The reason for that lies in the fact that the study desk pretty much defines my artsy, creative side. It is in its drawers where I placed my journals, scrapbooks, photo albums, sketch pads, art materials, and collections of beautiful artworks by manga artists. Also, with its position facing the window to the right of my bed, it can always give me a glimpse of the outside world while I am studying, writing, or drawing. Even the Panasonic television set on top of my narra furniture is no match for the beautiful, cerulean expanse of the sky at daylight and the silver glimmer of the stars at night.

With all these comforts offered to me by my own bedroom, I can simply be myself. I can laugh myself silly; I can cry my heart out; I can sing gibberish…I can do just about anything, and nobody shall have any say about it, since this is MY room. MY world!

It is my very own sanctuary of peace and comfort. It is the keeper of my memories and secrets, the realm of my hopes and dreams.

4 Comments:

Blogger winterdawn said...

Hey DK!Nice description of your room...naiinggit na nga ako e kc room ko opposite haha magulo sobra,nakaktamad ayusin :P Anyways good to see you post again, reminds me of the one-and-only DK essay style ;)

1:03 PM  
Blogger dk said...

WAI!!! Thank you haha!!!

1:32 PM  
Blogger ravenik45 said...

Well, our own rooms sometimes also reflect who we are... We could share our memories in these rooms... basta ako... kapag walang computer... magwawala ako wahahha

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dks.hihi.:D pamilyar itong post mo na ito aa :D

ganda nung last two lines.
sa aking palagay ay isang kowtabol kowt ang ganitong klase ng mga linya ><

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home